Full In-Person Learning at Cohasset Middle School and Cohasset High School
At this evening’s School Committee Meeting (3/24/2021), the Cohasset School Committee voted unanimously to bring all middle school students back full in-person, five days a week, beginning on April 5, 2021 (in-person lunch included). They also approved the return of all high school students to full in-person learning, five days a week, in a phased format. The approved phases have high school students coming back full in-person, five days a week:
- April 5 through April 16, being dismissed at 12:45PM. High school students will eat lunch at home (grab-and-go will be available) and join their last period class from home.
- Beginning April 26, 2021, high school students will attend school full in-person, five days a week, with in-person lunch included. A default option, which has a snack being served and a 2:00PM dismissal, is possible if lunch cannot be served; however, we are moving confidently towards the lunch option.
This is wonderful news. We are thankful to the School Committee, District Leadership, staff, and families who worked diligently to make this happen for our students.
I want to bring a few details to your attention:
- Bus routes and stops for those families who indicated their child(ren) require a bus will be communicated over the coming days.
- Due to the increased traffic, it is important that we adhere to the following rules:
- Bus drop-off would be at the usual time for both schools
- Cars at CMS: Cohort A & B = Gymnasium Driveway at 8:15AM
- Cars at CHS: Cohort A & B = Gymnasium Driveway at 8:30AM
- Bus pick-up would be at 12:45 for CHS (from April 5 through April break) and 2:40PM for CMS, with CHS joining on April 26.
- Cars at CHS: Cohort A & B = Gymnasium Driveway
- Cars at CMS: Cohort A & B = Gymnasium Driveway
As we get closer to April 5, further information will be communicated by principals. I have included (please click on the link) this evening’s presentation to this email (a more concise version of the full presentation that was sent to families last week when preliminary approval was granted). We will be following this email within the next few days with a revised calendar indicating the changes that were voted on tonight. We are so excited to unify the cohorts and to bring back middle school and high school students to full-time in-person learning. Have a great evening.