Health Update and Travel Reminder 2/18/2021
Please see the information below regarding the town of Cohasset’s positive COVID 19 rate and case count over the past 14 days.
As of February 18, 2021, the Department of Public Health (DPH) reports that the town of Cohasset’s positive COVID-19 test rate over the past 14 days is 3.16%, with 29 positive cases out of 1203 tests reported. Under the DPH metrics, the town of Cohasset is in the "Red" category for communities who have a population of under 10,000 who have more than 25 positive cases over the last 14 days.
It is imperative that we all follow the protocols of handwashing / hand sanitizing and wearing face-covering masks when appropriate to do so. Here is the complete report that was issued this evening, Thursday, 2/18/2021.
For your information, please find below a summary table of all confirmed positive COVID cases in the District as of today, Thursday, February 18, 2021. There were no reported confirmed cases involving Cohasset Schools Community Members this week.
IMPORTANT TRAVEL REMINDER:
- Travelers arriving in Massachusetts are required to immediately begin the 10-day quarantine until a negative test result has been received.
- COVID-19 test must be administered up to 72-hours prior to the arrival in Massachusetts.
- If you took a test prior to your arrival but have not received your negative result, you MUST quarantine until you receive the negative result.
- If a test is not obtained before entry in Massachusetts, a test can be obtained after arrival, but you MUST quarantine until you receive a negative result.
- According to the MA DPH regulations, one must obtain an approved molecular PCR test. Please note, a rapid-antigen test is not an acceptable test to end a travel quarantine.
- If choosing not to be tested after traveling, one must complete a 10-day quarantine upon arriving in Massachusetts.
If you traveled over the break, please be sure to follow all travel orders.
Please click on the link to review the Massachusetts COVID-19 travel order
Please click on the link to review the Cohasset Public Schools Travel Protocol