Student Employment Permit
All students between the ages of 14 to 18 are required to obtain a work permit to be employed in Massachusetts. Work permits are issued at Cohasset High School in the Guidance Office.
- View and download the application for 14-17 year-old workers.
- Follow the instructions on the application to complete the form.
- The Promise of Employment must be completed and signed by the employer before the work permit can be issued.
- Student must be present to sign and obtain a work permit.
- Bring the completed application and proof of age (birth certificate, license, passport or immigration record) as indicated in the application packet.
- Cohasset High School, (or designee), will review the application and issue the student an employment permit. The student will bring the employment permit to their employer.
The employment permit is valid as long as the student is employed in the same job. If the student changes jobs or employers, a new work permit is required.
- Youth Employment Permit Information
- Youth Permit Process Flow Chart
- Massachusetts Guide for Working Teens