Cohasset Public Schools
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted: June 23, 2021
- Starting Date: August 2021
Assist in the monitoring and financial management of the school budget.
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
- Formal training in business and/or accounting. Associates Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Prior public school experience required.
- Prior experience with coordinating and reconciling budgets preferably in an educational setting.
- Ability to reconcile accounts on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate with staff in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work with vendors both verbally and in writing.
- Accurate electronic record keeping and filing skills mandatory.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Prior accounts payable and receivable experience required.
- Payroll experience a plus – Harper’s Payroll Program
- Must have excellent computer skills including QuickBooks, Excel, and Word. Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, accounting, and organizational skills. Attention to detail a must. Must be able to work independently and interact with a variety of constituencies to effectively manage various areas of responsibility.
Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Category : Support Staff > Accounting/Bookkeeping
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cohasset Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cohasset Public Schools does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status, U.S. uniformed military service member status, disability, age or homeless status in programs, activities or employment. Harassment is a form of discrimination and is likewise prohibited.
- Performs routine, detailed and accurate calculations, posting of information in spreadsheets, Excel or other computerized systems as required.
- Manage all accounting functions related to school budget accounts: Handle all financial records by recording and tracking of expenditures from school budget as required by the Wareham’s Business Office and based on newly established DESE standards.
- Perform all standard clerical and accounting functions relating to school budget, accounts payable and receivable. Reconcile record keeping between the different Town and School accounts. Assist with all reports required for Cohasset School Committee
- Performs all standard clerical and accounting functions in the area of accounts payable including contacting building personnel or vendors as needed, matching invoices to purchase orders, checking for authorization to purchase and to pay, checking account balances against expenditures, and setting up invoices for payment. This includes paperwork required for School Committee or other tasks needed by the Business Office.
- Responsible for processing purchase orders and vendor payments. Manages the match of budget to expenditures in accordance with pre-set budget guidelines. Works closely with the Director of Finance and Operations on all matters related to budget projection and encumbrances.
- Prepares bill schedules and vouchers.
- Prepares standard journal and ledger entries and verifies various standard accounting entries for financial data processing. Process accounts payable invoices. Review, verify and match invoices to receiving documents.
- Prepares purchase orders and payment of related invoices.
- Assist payroll processing when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations and/or Designee.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm (½ hour unpaid lunch)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Associate degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Email your resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to:
Susan Owen, Director of Finance and Operations
Or Apply for this job online at http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3563098
To see all job openings please click on the link below to visit SchoolSpring