- BUS REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR HAS OPENED.
BUS PASSES HAVE BEEN ISSUED – If you need a replacement, please email CPSBus@cohassetk12.org. Please include your child's full name, grade, and street address.
For the 2021-22 school year, please review your student's bus route. Stops and schedules have been updated to reflect current ridership. Please review the stops prior to the first day of school. You can find the stops and schedules on this page: Bus Stops and Routes.
- ALL students who ride the bus MUST have a bus pass. The bus pass allows CPS to track bus ridership to ensure adequate space at each stop and on each bus. Before you begin the bus application process, it is helpful to determine the distance from your residence to your assigned school.
Students in the Cohasset Public Schools typically arrive at school in one of three ways – walk, bike, or bus. In addition, some families choose to drive students to school. If your student will ride the bus, use the online links below to register and see our bus fees and payment below for more information.
K-1 Bus Drop-off Procedures
The following procedures are in effect for Kindergarten and First Grade bus riders.
- All kindergarten and first grade students must be met by a parent or guardian when the bus arrives at their bus stop. If a parent or guardian is not at the bus stop the driver shall radio the dispatcher and keep the child on the bus.
- After the last bus stop on the bus route, the driver shall return to the bus stop to see if the parent has arrived. If the parent is still not there, the driver shall radio the dispatcher and then proceed to take the student back to school. The dispatcher shall call the school and transportation office so that someone can meet the bus and student.
- Students in kindergarten and first grade shall display a tag on their back pack indicating their name, grade and assigned bus stop to assist the driver in the event that no one at the bus stop to meet the student.
Fees and Payment
2021-2022 bus fees in the Cohasset Public Schools are as follows:
- Kindergarten - 6th grade: If you reside LESS than 2 miles from the school, you pay the fee of $350 (discounts apply as outlined below). If you reside MORE than 2 miles from the school, you do NOT pay a fee.
- 7th – 12th grade: $350/student (dicounts apply as outlined below) Family Cap = $590
Discounts will be offered as listed below:
- Early application fee of $250 per student, with a family cap of $590 if received by Tuesday, June 1, 2021 will be guaranteed a seat. A waitlist will be started once a bus has reached its capacity.
- After June 1, 2021, the application fee is $300 per student, with a family cap of $590.00
- After August 1, 2021, the application fee is $350 per student, with a family cap of $590.00
- If there is a saftey concern for you child in grades K through 6, there is a possibility for a safety waiver. Please contact CPSbus@cohassetk12.org
- There will be NO safety waivers granted for grades 7 through 12.
Utilize the online registration tool in MySchoolBucks to register for transportation and pay for bus fees:
Registration - BUS FEE (use this link if you have a student in grades 7-12 or a student in grade K-6 and living within 2 miles of the attending school)
Registration - NO BUS FEE (use this link if you have a student in grades K-6 and live outside 2 miles of the attending school)
If you are unsure, please email CPSBus@cohassetk12.org. Please inlcude your child's name, grade, and address.
If you have any questions regarding bus routes, bus passes or billing please email CPSBus@cohassetk12.org or call 781-383-6100 Ext. 2306
Families may apply for a fee waiver based on financial hardship so that no student is denied bus transportation. To apply, please fill out the free and reduced lunch application and submit it with proper backup documentation to:
Cohasset Public Schools
143 Pond Street
Cohasset, MA 02025