School Council Mission Statement
Our mission as the School Council is to responsibly assess all factors affecting the educational needs of the children in Deer Hill School. Based upon this assessment, the Deer Hill School Council will review and develop goals annually that address our educational policies that maximize students’ academic performance, encourage the talents and creativity of educators, and provide consistency throughout the Cohasset School System. In addition, the School Council assists the principal in the following:
- Reviewing the annual school budget;
- Identifying the education, social, and emotional needs of the students;
- Adopting educational goals for the school;
- Promoting an awareness of state and local initiatives
- Developing and formulating a school improvement plan for Deer Hill School.