New and Returning Student Registration
Welcome to Cohasset Public Schools. To ensure a smooth transition for your student, please complete all forms and provide all documents noted in the registration requirements below.
This page has information for new or returning student registrations. New and Returning Student Registration Packets are available online or at the Office for Student Services located in the Cohasset Public School Administrative Offices, 143 Pond Street, Cohasset.
All student registrations will be done by appointment at the Office of Student Services. Please contact the office at 781-383-6104 to schedule an appointment Monday through Friday, from 8am to 4pm.
All documentation is required at time of registration. Please complete forms legibly as this information is used to enter student information into our student data base.
Students may not begin school until all documentation has been received, the school nurse has had an opportunity to review and approve the health forms, and the student has developed a schedule of classes with the Principal, Assistant Principal or Guidance Counselor at the school.
Students do not need to be present at the time of registration. Please be aware that the registration process can take up to 15 minutes.
The Required New Student Registration Documentation and Forms to download or pick up at Student Services include:
- New Student Registration Form
- Residency Statement
- Massachusetts School Health Record
- Immunization records (as required by chapter 76, Section 15 of the General Laws)
- Cohasset Confidential Health Form
- Release of Information Form
- Home Language Survey
- Discipline Release Form
- Emergency Information Sheet
- Original student's birth certificate
- Proof of Residency (1 from each category, 3 different documents)
~ Mortgage Statement, ~ Deed, ~ Purchase and Sales Agreement, ~ Property tax bill, ~ Lease and record of most recent rent payment. You must submit both of these documents.
~ Utility bill/ work order within the past 60 days: ~Gas bill, ~Oil bill, ~Electric bill, ~Cable bill
~ MA driver’s license, ~Passport, ~State issued ID card
Additional Steps if Applicable From Last School:
- Official Transcript and /or most recent report card Grades 6-12
- All Year-end and most recent report card Grades K-5
- Attendance Record for All Grades
- Discipline Records or confirmation of none for All Grades
- Most recent MCAS scores for Any Grades
- Other State wide assessment scores for Any Grades
- Current IEP with parent signature
- Current EPP (Massachusetts Education Proficiency Plan)
- Current 504/DCAP
- Proof of Physical Custody/Record of Guardianship
Information regarding schools can be found on the Cohasset Public Schools website at https://www.cohassetk12.org/. Information for Transportation and Nutrition can be located under the Department Tab located on the home page. New and Returning Student Registration Packets and Proof of Residency FAQs can also be located under the Department tab in the Student Services Section.