To see all job openings please visit SchoolSpring.com.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER, PERMANENT PART-TIME
Cohasset Public Schools is seeking a food service worker. The person in this role is expected to perform efficiently, and to the best of his or her ability, the duties assigned in relation to the preparation of food, serving of food, cleaning all areas of the kitchen, and other assigned duties in the time allotted. Reports to the Director of Food Services.
- Must be familiar with the use and care of all kitchen equipment, including steamer, meat slicer, large kettles, ovens, and grill.
- Prepare breakfast and lunch meals according to the USDA guidelines, recipes and directions provided by the director.
- Rotate work assignments, including food preparation, operation of POS system and serving of foods as necessary on a scheduled basis as determined by director.
- Participate in daily cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen work area.
- Share responsibility with other staff for dishwashing duties.
- Ability to follow directions and carry out instructions accordingly.
- Maintain pleasant relationships with co-workers.
- Assist in receiving and stocking of orders.
- Ability to work with chemical cleaning products.
-Proper record keeping of production records and temperature logs
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role preferred. Sanitation certification a plus.
-Must obtain a sanitation certification within the first year of employment.
-Must complete minimum hours (6 hours per year) of professional development.
- Ability to communicate effectively and read, write, and follow directions in English.
- U.S. citizenship, residency, or work visa required.
Hours: 4.5 hours daily, Monday-Friday, 180 school days
Local Union 1139
Health insurance, dental, town retirement plan, yearly clothing allowance
· Position Type: Part-time
· Positions Available: 2
· Salary: $ 15.15 to $ 18.12 Per Hour
· All candidates are required to undergo a criminal record check as part of the application process, fingerprint background check, and are subject to all other employment policies of the Town of Cohasset.
· At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
· High School/Trade School degree preferred
· Citizenship, residency or work visa required
· Marilyn Haraden, Food Service Director
· Cohasset Public Schools
· 143 Pond Street
· Cohasset, Massachusetts 02025
· Phone: 781-383-6107